Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Oh my

I drank too much coffee. Well, just two tiny cups. But I can feel it coursing through my veins. This is what happens after you don't drink coffee regularly for over a month. I have this urge to run to the B&B-offering coffee shop next to the Yarn Garden (I refuse to call said coffee shop by name), drink myself into oblivion, and then buy a ton of yarn. Except, I'm in the middle of a project and have plenty of yarn. But they're having a sale! This weekend!

Other things are happening this weekend! Like Mother's Day (must confer with siblings on gift purchase - which is nearly impossible now that the three of us live at three different locations) and a Young Ladies' Tea. Yes, that's right folks. We's havin the younguns over to party. I painstakingly handwrote invitations to ten girls from church, and painstakingly mailed them. And now I am painstakingly accepting RSVPs. I love the sound of a seven-year-old's RSVP in my voicemail. "I can only stay for 45 minutes because I have a dance recital, but I kind of wish I could stay longer."

I slept under my splendid new duvet cover last night. It's an inspiration to make my bed in the morning, so I can see it all spread out. I'm using the quilt-style side up right now, but I also have a deep & bizarre fondness for the pink side. I say bizarre because, until recently, I've never been a pink person. I've never loved pink things. But it called out to me at the fabric store. I now own: a pink duvet cover, a pink shirt, a pink skirt, and pink socks, plus there's a pink dress that will never fit me hanging over my desk chair. And by 'never fit me' I mean it's size 2-3 years.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

They're not ALL ten. It will be insane and joyous. They're good kids. Remember, we're celebrities. I was talking to Debra about that - she said she loved teaching 3rd grade because they still listened to you & respected you.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Yeah, I think you made extra strength - all I did was finish the pot.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i used to never like pink, either. but somewhere in the past 6 months-year i've fallen in love with pink and can't get enough of it. i even recently bought pink sunglasses (and i have pink scrub pants that go with my pink monkey shirt for work). pink is excellent.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

You really must go. The coffee is fabulous and the yarn is abundant.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home