Saturday, July 02, 2005

Hallelujah, I adore it

At the risk of incurring the roommate's judgment ("how self-centered can her blog get??") (sarcasm, okay? the land of blog has been having a problem with getting sarcasm lately) - what do I do with my hair, internets? I guess this is a rhetorical question unless you've actually seen my hair. And if you have seen it, and are also reading this, chances are I respect your opinion. It's been growing unhindered since February. I do this - I go on hair binges and don't get it cut for ages and then throw up my hands and say "it needs to be short again!" and get it cut off. But the usual bob? Something different? I'm sacrificing my pigtails here, people. It had better be worth it.

And why on earth do we feel so defined by our hair, anyway?

I had long hair for most of my life. Well, until I was almost 18. Then it's been more or less short since then - shoulder length or above. Short is fun. But I have this horror of turning into a 40 year old with the mandatory short hair. You know? I want long braids again someday. Very Maud. I want to be all old-timey and wear it pinned up. To go with my crinolines, don't you know. But seriously. Very Laurel's Kitchen. Very Little House in the Big Woods. The only problem is the amount of hair I have. Out of control. I'd need to learn some serious coping techniques.

I don't know how to end this post. Goodbye.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

got any pictures to help us pick from? not that it helps, because invariably we'll pick the one you've grown to hate out of the pictures, but still...

(i really don't have room to talk here, i've got a hair appointment tuesday and i'm still not sure what to do with it...)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

You mean pictures of cuts I like, kara? No...I never do. I can dig up some pictures of cuts I've had in the past, though. I'm always at a loss when I look at styles though. I usually just tell my stylist "kinda like last time, but you can change it a little however you want."

12:07 AM  
Blogger toni said...

jess, you don't need to start growing your Woman Hair yet. you've got time. really. i really liked your most recent haircut.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home