Tuesday, August 23, 2005

In a beautiful pea green boat

Just now I found myself tidying the tupperware. One basket for containers, one for lids. They live in the "laundry room." Once I'd obsessively straightened them, tossed the extra yogurt container lids in the recycling, and put the baskets back on the shelf, I wondered to myself, "what did I come in here to do?" Because I sure didn't go to the laundry room to straighten tupperware.

It was several minutes later when I realized I'd gone to get the screwdriver (which lives behind the baskets) to put up my swanky new "The Owl and the Pussycat" lightswitch plate, a gift from Bee.

This is just so, so sad.

3 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

Yeah. But did you have to go up or down a flight of stairs cause stairs make me forget what I am doing.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I DO know where everything lives. Well, not everything - the things without homes drive me crazy, like the curtain ties. What does one do with them when the curtains are untied??

No stairs, thank goodness - I used to have them and that definitely made the problem worse.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Monday was my birthday, yes.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home