Monday, March 13, 2006

dear jessica

I just had some email communication with the school I hope to receive a degree from some day. I emailed them with a question (how do I switch my application from the residential program to the distance program? because yes, finally, I have made up my mind!) and just got an email back. Now, when I email people it shows them my first and last names. Also, I signed the email with first and last names, being all official like. The email back? Addressed to "Dear Jessica." Which, in case you hadn't figured it out already, is not my name.

It's moments like these when I have such great faith in education.

2 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

oooh, oooh, oooh - are you coming to Pittsburgh? Please?

oh, wait, you said distance program....

6:05 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

USSR - ouch. In my line of work (the one other than the library) I see a shocking number of people who will fill in forms with "Europe" as the country name.

BB - I applied to the UW distance program. I hope I haven't broken your heart.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home