Monday, May 15, 2006

sunday

Confession from yesterday: the flowers I gave my mom came from work and were completely free. The one perk from working the manic Saturday before Mother's Day. We were awash in flowers.

Chicken basil sausages cooked on the grill. Potato salad. Desserts from Papa Haydn. Being teased by my family for dropping lemon tart on my skirt. Looking at old family photos for the hundredth time and talking about who got which nose and whose coloring and whose arms. Whose ARMS! Our gratitude for escaping great-great-grandmother Dora's nose. This is how my family spends the evening.

2 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

sounds like my family - you don't happen to be eastern european peasants do you? because WE all got the same butt. the eastern european peasant butt.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Hmm. We haven't compared butts with our ancestors yet. Just living family. Nope, not a drop of Eastern European blood - that I know of.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home