Monday, February 21, 2005

Lighting

So, I have a few minor obsessions. Sometimes I like to pretend I have OCD, but with the help of Town and the DSM-IV, we've discovered it more resembles obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. Still, I don't really have. So we can add 'pretending to have OCD to my list of obsessions.

At the moment, the list includes, but is not limited to:
-lists
-Lemony Snicket
-closing cupboard doors that other people leave open (maybe a compulsion?)
-picture books
-lighting (an acquired habit, courtesy of the Lighting and Thermostat Queen)
-organizing
-Dansko clogs
-reading aloud from the New Yorker
-reading aloud in general
-reading blog archives

And folks, we're fresh out of obsessions at the moment.

Someone just came to our door looking for the couple that used to live here. He didn't have their phone number anymore, but felt like dropping by and seemed a little crushed when I answered the door (still wearing half of my uniform) (and normal clothes on the other half, don't worry folks). Good luck! Hope you find them.

Another item of note is that I've just become aware of the existence of a secret blog. Shh...
Time to be domestic and prepare a tasty supper!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont tell! Its a secret!

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

secret blog?!???!!? My biggest obsession: getting to the bottom of secrets.

7:26 PM  
Blogger ErikWithaK said...

That was me with the anonymous Tolstoy answer.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I'm impressed! Know the novel?

Town pocket, aren't you glad you got to the bottom of the secret?

Tyka, may I blab?

10:19 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

Ok - tell me about the secret blog. I hate secrets!!

Sal x

11:01 AM  
Blogger ErikWithaK said...

The novel escapes me, it amazes me that I even remembered that much. That was back in high school lit. class. I'm sure some dork will google it and find it out, claim victory and boast about how extensive thier literary knowledge is. DAMN DIRTY APES!!!

Give you a wooden nickle if you can tell me where this quote is from.
"'He's a bootlegger...One time he killed a man who found out that he was nephew to Von Hindenburg and second cousin to the devil.'"

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home