Sunday, August 28, 2005

I was tagged by Katya and when I was almost done the computer ate my post, and this is what was left

10 years ago: I was 14 and about to start high school. I don't remember much else. I was trying to read Treasure Island. I was excited to start taking French. Yeah, life was exciting.

5 years ago: I was about to start my sophomore year of college. Hmm...I'd just broken up with a boyfriend, I'd done a lot of house-sitting over the summer, I'd started doing writing exercises with Bee, we made a lot of top 5 lists, I'd moved into the dorms early as a backup RA. Today I found out that Cody, who was a neighbor & friend in the dorms that year, died this spring. Right before she was about to graduate. She had cystic fibrosis and I knew from before I met her that she probably wouldn't live past her 20s. But she went across the country to college anyway, and made friends, and threw herself into things. She was always in and out of the hospital. We would worry about her, but she never wanted peopel to know that she was sick. She had more energy than most people I know.

1 year ago: I lived in a different apartment in the same neighborhood. I worked at the same jobs, but a different schedule. Katy lived under the stairs instead of having her own room.

Yesterday: I made my weekly pilgrimage to the eye doctor (a story for another time). Got my third kind of trial contact lenses. Window shopped at the mall. Mourned the lack of solid white t-shirts. Worked. Came home and drank gin & tonic and watched Six Feet Under.

Tomorrow: I get to work at 8 am! But then I get off at 2! And have no plans for the afternoon at all!

5 snacks I enjoy: trail mix, chips & salsa & avocado, chocolate covered pretzels, popcorn with brewer's yeast, artichoke dip.

5 bands/singers that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs: the Beatles, Dar Williams, John Vanderslice, Ryan Adams, Bob Dylan (well, not most but a lot).

Things I would do with $100,000,000: pay off my student loans, buy a house, help out my parents, stop working full-time, take friends on a vacation.

5 locations I'd like to run away to: definitely the ocean - Irish coast, Greece, the Oregon coast; London, Vienna (I just read The Star of Kazan and Vienna sounds great - in the early 1900s, of course).

PS I wrote this on the 26th, so the whole "what I did yesterday thing" is outdated. In case anyone is keeping tabs on me.

1 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

we are actually watching you via secret computer camera...

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home