Thursday, December 08, 2005

Peak

Some coworkers and I were talking on Tuesday, about Christmas gifts and finances and the like, and suddenly realized that we were all referring to it as "the peak season" rather than "the Christmas season" or "the holiday season." I think we're on to the next wave of PC-ness with our company jargon. "Happy Peak!" we'll start to call out. Stores will sell "Peak cards" and advertise "Peak specials." "Merry Peakmas." Haha, we're so funny.

I suppose I'd better look into getting some gifts, shouldn't I? I've got some ideas floating around. I need to stop reading all these blogs and start shopping. Order up a slew of books as gifts. Figure out what on earth to get my college-bound 17 year old techie brother. And, good lord, my father. But it feels so much a part of the holiday ritual - complain about not knowing what to get. Shop ahead and congratulate self. Shop at the last minute and feel rushed yet festive. Bake. Make fudge. Feel your ears begin to freeze when you step out the door. Repeat.

It's time to unearth the Garish & Tweed Family Christmas Tape. The one that's half dulcimer carols and half funky bluegrass tunes like, "Christmas is a comin, and it's a jumpin." Oh yeah.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruairi said...

when I first read this I thought you had cow workers that you talked to. Now, I have a strong imagination, hence they all dressed up as dairy cows and had long rambling conversations about the benefits of grass in the regular diet.

yum

3:01 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I don't think we'd be very productive at our job as cows...but it is a lovely image to take to work with me today!

9:49 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i love the Peak Season. bwahahaha. i'm not sending Peak cards htis year, and won't get my Peak tree till Peak Week (which sounds like a fraternity event...).

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home