Monday, February 13, 2006

dansko love

I finally got around to spending the Christmas check from my aunt (I guess that means I should finally send a thank you, huh?) And what did I spend it on?

buttery yellow goodness

I blame Katy entirely for this new ebay addiction. Well, not quite an addiction yet. But the bad thing about it is that winning one thing makes me want to bid on more things. A Christmas check only covers one pair.

I was planning on getting a nice, beautiful but sensible color but I thought what the hell. Yellow is fun. I will become one of those funky people who makes unusual shoes go with everything. They will be heaven with my blue and yellow and green striped knee socks.

(I think I've pretty much guaranteed that my brother will be bored/disgusted with my blog, yes?)

Now, as a little reward to myself for my new shoes, I shall sweep the floor! Oh! the joy.*

*Saying this makes me want to take a little trip to the coast, because I always think of William Clark and his "Ocian in view! O! the joy." Which is maybe my favorite exclamation in all of history.

7 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

I
luf
them.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not boring, it's just weird to see...

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have the shiny shiny red ones, and i wear them with EVERYTHING, all the time. you can totally rock the yellow! call it a little oregon sunshine for your feet! :)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I also have my eye on the red patent leather...sigh. I'm glad to hear you wear them with everything. Definitely sunshine for my feet. Also a homage to my love of butter.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Keller said...

LOVE the yellow!

11:34 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

the yellow is practically a neutral, Jess! I swear!

And I love, love, love the quote.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried on a ton of Dansko's, and Dansko knock off's on my last trip to Portland. I love them, but my instep is too high and they rub. I love the yellow.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home