Thursday, February 23, 2006

show & tell soup

 


Show & Tell Thursday


You've got your onions, your bay leaves and chili powder, your 25 pounds of table salt.

Your buttermilk biscuits (because what is a biscuit without buttermilk?), your life imitating art - a pot of steaming soup underneath the Nikki McClure print of...lovely people eating steaming soup.

Your aerial view, your before, and your after.

I have to add this disclaimer: I almost never cook, especially soup. The occasional pot of chili in the crockpot, some salmon, chicken breasts in raspberry-balsamic sauce, rice & beans & sausage, a stir-fry. I probably bake two things for every meal I cook. When I do cook, though, I love it. I especially love phrases like "stir occasionally" which imply that you will spend much of the time reading a book. Or cleaning up, which I also strangely enjoy. Or preparing the biscuits for their transition into the oven. It just takes so much time. And planning. So I prefers things that leave delicious leftovers in their wake, like a ginormous pot of soup. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

lovely.

just
lovely.


and now?

I want soup!

4:17 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

Have you ever read Home Cooking and More Home Cooking by Laurie Colwin? You would totally dig her style when it comes to cooking!

I do love soup.

4:32 PM  
Blogger lazy cow said...

Mmm, buttermilk biscuits. Never had them but they sound great.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Not generally a soup person, but you make it sound so nice...

Also, very jealous of your photo shop like collage.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home