Wednesday, March 15, 2006

ides

So Kim started this whole confessions trend thing, and here I am a day late and a dollar short, but I do have a cup of tea and a few minutes before I need to hop in the shower (yes, it's 10:30 and I haven't showered, what's your problem?)

The other day I had a few Catholic school related confessions, so I'll add on from there.

If you give me a chocolate bar, I'll hide it in my room so I can be sure of it. Not that I don't trust Katy, but I just like to know that it's there for late-night snacking.

I use tissues to capacity. I'm already all germy, so it can't hurt, right?

My sweet tooth is such that I'll eat stale chocolate cake. Ask Bronwen. Or the gross grocery store kind with yucky frosting.

Sometimes, at the library, I start flipping through a book and before I know it, I've practically read the whole thing instead of, oh, doing the shelving I'm paid to do.

I like The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

I get teary during stupid movies. You know, that one scene that's meant to tug at your heartstrings? The one I'm mocking as we watch? That one? It made me cry. And I pretend that it didn't.

I cheated on a spelling test in 6th grade - on the extra credit question - so that I could get a sticker. My other answers were perfect.

I hate making phone calls. I'd rather email or write letters.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bronwen said...

I confirm the chocolate cake.

But I also remember you saved my lame broken-hearted self by buying the thing in the first place.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Bec said...

I have the salty tooth: I'd eat stale chips as long as they still had salt.

thanks for laughing at my wardrobe malfunction: it makes me feel just the tiniest bit better. And tell your flatmate that I would have gone straight home if I'd remembered to take my phone with me to the loo so I could call my husband to rescue me, but once I got back to the office I just decided to make the best of soggy pants!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I cheated by changing a lowercase letter to a capital letter - the extra credit was some holiday, like Valentine's Day. And I put valentine's or whatever.

I still hold that chocolate cake is an excellent solace for a broken heart.

I'm glad to hear there's an equivalent for saltyness - makes me feel slightly more normal.

9:57 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

I can totally picture little sixth-grade you, with your sticker. It tugs at said heartstrings.

chocolate cake cures all ills.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home