Saturday, April 22, 2006

strange things

I just saw that Sal tagged me...and since I haven't done one of these in a while (and it's delightfully loose-ended), here goes.

Six Strange Things

1. Most years during Lent I have huge cravings for eggs. This year I'm fantacizing about deviled eggs, something I've never craved before.

2. I was raised in a cult. But that's old news.

3. I used to sing songs from musicals to put myself (and my sister) to sleep. She would make requests. We had a special fondness for Man of La Mancha. If I'd been my mom, I would've been dying of laughter in the next room.

4. I clear my throat a lot. Tiny little clears that don't really do anything. Kate likes to point it out to me. I can't stop.

5. I will recognize you as a kindred spirit immediately if you are willing to split dishes when out for brunch - one eggy dish and one pancake-y dish - because I find it impossible to decide between the two brunch genres.

6. After being known for the way I squeeze out my teabags thoroughly, I now feel guilty on the occasions when I fail to do so.

You - you out there. Yeah, the one snickering at me. I tag you.

3 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

you, over there singing show tunes?

PUT DOWN the teabag.

1:03 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

You shouldn't squeeze the bags, it smooshe sout all the tannins into your cup or something.

also - I sang the song Aldonza sings in MOLM to my boys, rather absentmindedly - because if I had one iota of talent, I'd want to play Aldonza/Dulcinea - until I finally starting paying attention to what I was singing to these impressionable boys:

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/manoflamanchadonquixote/aldonza.htm

4:29 PM  
Blogger lazy cow said...

I'd share breakfast, lunch and dinner.
And there's nothing wrong with squeezing the teabags (but loose leaf tea is so much nicer).
Now I'm going to have to borrow Man of La Mancha.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home