Monday, February 28, 2005

Late bloomer

Yesterday was the first day I've missed blogging since I started. And for a very special reason. Excuse the sentiment in this post, but I hope you understand.

Yesterday, I did something I've never done before. A rite of passage, if you will. Something that girls dream of and long for, a step towards womanhood and maturity, a coming of age...I spent a long time weighing the pros and cons - "Is this the right time? Am I ready? Am I sure I want this?" - I asked friends for their opinions.

It was a sunny day, yesterday, when I made my decision. We were strolling in Multnomah Village, Tyka and I, when I realized that now is the time. These sorts of things don't benefit by being put off. When you're ready, you're ready, and you know it. No sense in waiting.

So I did it. I took the plunge. I embraced my femininity. I got my ears pierced.

3 Comments:

Blogger ErikWithaK said...

I'm tearing up right now as I read this....sounds like a screenplay to me! :)

10:10 AM  
Blogger toni said...

Wow, Jess. I'm just so proud of you. What a defining moment this is an a young woman's life. I can't wait to celebrate with all the accessories that will follow.

12:59 PM  
Blogger zoe xx said...

Jess! Girl...you'll be a woman soon (when you've had them done a second time!)

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home