Thursday, February 24, 2005

Furbish

I'm inside. I want to be outside. But I'm at work and outside is a business park - ie, ugly. Oh, but the sunshine! Only two more hours and then I'm released into the wild. For a few hours at least, in an odd break between jobs. Then I can walk in freedom in my yuppie neighborhood. Have I mentioned how much I love my neighborhood? Much.

I'm within four blocks of such delights as the "friendliest" grocery store in Portland, a great coffee shop, Grand Central Bakery, a library (which I do not use, since I already spend half my working life in a library, but I could use it if I wanted to), a Thai restaurant, a big park...Not to mention Furbish! Oh Furbish, how I love your name. Furbish itself is really boring - janitorial supplies - but the name! In an ideal world, there would be two little shops who lived next door to each other. And their names would be Garish & Tweed and Furbish. In the not-so-ideal world, Furbish is my neighbor. And I'm not a shop, just a blog, that occasionally gets written near Furbish.

Back to my neighborhood - I will partake of its joys this afternoon. I will stroll, I will frolic. I will soak up some Vitamin D (does one soak Vitamin D? Enlighten me).

I think my 10 minute break was over a few minutes ago.

3 Comments:

Blogger ErikWithaK said...

Oh please would you be...my neighbor. Hello Neighbor.

1:02 PM  
Blogger toni said...

I believe that skin absorbes sunlight and in a process, perhaps akin to photosynthesis, vitamin D is made. I could be wrong.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

In my world Furbish is the language that Furbys speak....like "doo eh" and "ee day". a woman I used to work with had furbys on her desk and she used to talk furbish to them...I coulda killed the bitch.

tee heee!
Sal x

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home