Friday, April 01, 2005

One more for today

Questions from Kara

1. what was the last book you read and loved? why?
The last book I loved was "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." And yes, I'm not ashamed to admit it. However, I listened to that on tape. So I'll say that the last book I read and loved was "Harriet the Spy" which I never managed to read as a kid. It's the BEST.

2. beege already asked what your favorite word is. so, instead, i'll ask what your favorite phrase or quote is.
Hmm...tough one. Not the type of question that can ever really be answered. Here are a few possibilities:
"There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the Real reason we are here: to love each other & eat each other's cooking & say it was good." (this is a storypeople
"When a lot of things start going wrong all at once, it is to protect something big and lovely that is trying to get itself born - and that this something needs for you to be distracted so that it can be born as perfectly as possible." (Anne Lamott, Traveling Mercies)
Favorite phrase? "Oh Lord I care not for gold nor silver..."

3. since we seem to live parallel lives sometimes, were you also sick last week when i was sick and in bed for 4 days?
Oh yes, I definitely was. Not in-bed sick, but there was a LOT of coughing involved.

4. what is the favorite place you've traveled to and why?
The Aran Islands, off the coast of Ireland near Galway. Cliffs, cliffs and more cliffs, and the tiniest church in the world.

5. your two parter: ah, tea. i love tea, don't you? (ok, that wasn't the question). what is your favorite tea? and how do you make it?
Earl Gray, Twinings. I boil water, pour it over a couple tea bags in a pot, steep for a few minutes, and enjoy with honey.

2 Comments:

Blogger toni said...

I spent quite awhile this morning reading that very story people over and over. (Not too surprise that it was THAT VERY story people - since I own it, and you gave it to me.) But still, neat that we both were thinking about that today.

I LOVE that Anne Lamott quotation. I'm feeling kind of odd right now, and don't really know what to do with myself. Maybe I'll read something from Traveling Mercies.

Did y'all know there's a new Anne Lamott book out?

4:40 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I did know! I've got it on hold - I'm #1 but I suspended it because I have too many other things to read right now.

I think about that storypeople really frequently, too, and I'm not at ALL surprised that you do, too.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home