Friday, May 27, 2005

It's easier for a rich man to go through the eye of a needle...

I do this thing where I'll wake up fairly early*, like 7:30, and think "oh my gosh** this is so early! Good for me!" and I'll lay in bed thinking of all the things I can get done. Especially today, while it's still cool out and I've got cleaning 'n stuff*** to do. But no! God forbid I actually do those things in that extra time. No, I use that time to:

1. Write in my notebook. Entirely admirable, but does it make the bathroom cleaner?
2. Check email. Communication is good, but does it get the sheets washed?
3. Blog. For the love of God, blogging does not remove strange odors from the kitchen.
4. Eat breakfast. Entirely mandatory, but it doesn't result in me being clean and ready to face the day like, say, a shower would.

I have, to my credit, started a load of laundry. I tidied my room. A little. And I've maintained my sanity by doing all 4 things.

Okay, to work!

*Considering my job doesn't require my presence until 3 o'clock in the pm.
**As Q would say.
***Footnote day! Do you remember where that came from, Bee? The whole "love 'n stuff" thing?

2 Comments:

Blogger toni said...

i'm more interested in you being well rounded and mentally healthy when i arrive today than i am in your house being clean.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I'm glad. But the house is a little too shambley for my own taste. Especially the bathroom. Well, it's not any more. I guess my point was more that my life is not particularly stressful at the moment, and that basically every morning looks like that. Stuff I should be doing and me not doing it.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home