Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Cheap date

Um, I'm feeling a leetle bit tipsy. Not on purpose. I came home from work, started some corn on the cob, poured myself a glass of wine...but the cork broke taking it out, so I've got to drink both glasses that were left in there, right? And I eat this weird early dinner at 4:30 on Wednesdays so my stomach didn't have much to pad it. I'm such a cheap date.

I want to bake but we're out of eggs. And really, baking isn't practical at 10:30 pm, especially when you're tipsy.

I've decided that Tuesdays are Field Trip Days. This week I went to the Chinese Garden with Elizabeth & her boyfriend. Thanks to the cultural pass from the library, we only had to pay for one person and could splurge on delicious tea in the unbelievably relaxing tea house. If you're in Portland, go.

Next week I'm going to the Oregon Zoo (I love those sea lions) with the extended Q family to celebrate her birthday. She'll be 2 on Monday, and Tuesday is Two Dollar Tuesday at the zoo. I'm looking forward to it.

What next, you ask? What next indeed! I guess it depends on the weather.

I'm listening to The Chocolate War on tape. It cracks me up. What is up with the slapping each other on the ass? As a macho football thing? (Oh God. I can't believe I mentioned asses and football in the same paragraph. Help.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

It's the first thing I've read of his. And yeah, I can tell it's gonna get heavy. It already is. I guess I'm mainly cracking up about sitting in the car listening to a description of a football game. It's not a book I would've EVER enjoyed as a kid.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home