Monday, August 29, 2005

odds & ends

I just read this Self Portrait (yeah, yeah, enough already with the Trina Schart Hyman, sorry) and I wish there were a picture of it because it's fabulous. She talks about bicycling through Sweden when she was young: "The mist came up, and the lights in farmhouse windows came on. I knew then that I wanted to go home, but I had no home to go to - and that is what adventures are all about." It's illustrated, naturally, and quite fascinating.

It's still raining. I might have to go for a walk.

What are you having for dinner? And why should I have the same thing?

The thing I like about blogs is how all the writers have stories. And they're in the middle of them. And every time you check in, anything could have happened. Something big, or something boring, or a tiny thing that you relate to. And you never know until you get there.

1 Comments:

Blogger ErikWithaK said...

That my dear, is a priceless pose. Worthy of any art house in america.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home