Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Back to the books

I'm glad we got all that Eragon nonsense out of the way. It's out of my house and out of my life. Instead, we've got the pleasant and entertaining substitute of Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins. Yay for children's fantasy! It's not "wow" but I am whipping through it, and it has charm.

I've got all these things to write about but nothing is really settling down in my head. On my trip to Seattle/San Francisco, we had some conversations about how amongst friends who've known each other a while, some topics just don't come up. Or you don't feel comfortable asking questions. Or you learn something new about a person unexpectedly. What should I write about? What am I leaving out, here? I want questions and ideas, pretty please.

PS Did you know you can have a wedding registry on Amazon? That could be dangerous. Would I rather have flatware, sheets & a food processor, or every book I've ever wanted? Good thing I'm not getting married. Katy, you should have an Amazon registry.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Sadly (or not), I'd rather have every book I've ever wanted.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

oh I know, and I have one (I think it's all children's books at the moment) but people tend to buy you more stuff when you're getting married, you know? And having it be a "registry" makes it sound like books are practical items comparable to a kitchenaid mixer. Which they are.

8:59 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i want the books. i can always go out for a milkshake, or peel the potatoes with my thrift-store paring knife...

And speaking of kitchen items, the show and tell this week (check Say La Vee/Blackbird) is a photo of the kitchen tool you cannot live without. I SO need a digital camera!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I have my picture all ready to post tomorrow. You do need a digital camera - they are most useful.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home