Sunday, November 13, 2005

Don't mess with geography

At long last I sit down to start season two of 24, and 2 minutes and 23 seconds into the first episode, I lose my faith in 24. Why oh why must they do this to me, for it is so distracting. I like exaggeration and tricks and "that would never happen" moments, but don't mess with geography. Please?

The scene: a fishing trip with David & Keith. Location: Lake Oswego, Oregon. My points:

1. We do not have mountains like that. The only mountains you can see from the Portland metro area (where Lake O is) are Hood and St Helens. Period.

2. Lake Oswego is not a remote fishing lake. It's the kind of lake where wealthy people have lawns sloping down to their boat docks, and maybe they go out and pretend to fish on the lake, but really they're too busy eating up the lake front with developments. It is not rural.

Yes, I have deeper (ha) things to say and I'll come back with them later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

I loved the first season, but promptly lost interest when they went for the gratuitous Arab terrorist plot. How hard is it to play off of peoples fears? C'mon guys, put a little more creativity in it.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

However, I do think they're doing a nice job of balancing the gratuitous Arab terrorists and the terror-inducing politicians inside our own government! Annie, do you trust me? This is worth watching.

Last night we began designing, but did not implement, a drinking game revolving around phrases like "do you trust me?" and "I'm running out of time" and the ability to predict what will happen next.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home