Friday, January 20, 2006

good hats

 


Show & tell this week has the theme of "good hats." I hope these pass muster (is that the right phrase or did I somehow mess it up? Does one indeed 'pass muster'?) These were taken in August in Seaside. I particularly like the faux trapper hat. I have an rather large skull and don't find myself owning very many hats. I once owned a cunning little vintage lovely, but it managed to disappear in one of my many moving shuffles. Perhaps it resides in one of my father's sheds.*

*Given my mood this morning, I would like to paraphrase and say, in my father's yard there are many sheds...There's a running joke in my family about sheds. My cousin acquired the nickname "Two-shed Jonny" after installing his second. Now my dad is "Two-shed Jimmy." Even though his name is not Jim or Jimmy or James, that is his nickname. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

Muster has definitely been passed.
And you look fetching in each of them.

You're a regular four-hat Jess.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

well, that's little miss red couch fever on the top right and sharing the spotlight on the bottom left.

I'm glad muster was passed.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

My cunning items just disappear. I think a coffee maker can be cunning. I would describe our French press as cunning.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home