Thursday, March 30, 2006

show & tell

I was going to get all fancy with this week's Show & Tell and buy some fancy schmancy chocolates at the Four Seasons and sample them and declare one the winner, perhaps in the style of the Tournament of Books, because that would involve a lot of chocolate and a lot of chocolate is a good thing. And since every has been raving about the glories of Green & Black's, my heart was set. I noticed their baking chocolate and cocoa in the baking aisle last time I was the Four Seasons, so I was reasonably confident that I would come home with at least one flavor.

Sadly, that was it. Baking chocolate. And while I'll gnaw my way through just about any chocolate bar, it just didn't seem right to start my relationship with G&B's off that way. So instead I present to you one of my old favorites, the Kinder Bueno.



It's cheap in Europe but the prices are all jacked up here, and if I'm going to pay more than a dollar for a candy bar, it had better be good quality. Kinder Bueno is a nice comfort chocolate, delicious half-melted or chilled. Or, if you insist, at room temperature. Chocolate coating, crispy shell, creamy hazelnut filling.

Now I just have to figure out where to find more Green & Black's...

7 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

oooh!
Kinder Bueno!

12:38 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

I see those in our italian store and always think it means "good for kids." Well, duh! What chocolate isn't good for kids?

1:01 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Um, I might have to make a trip to Target. So THIS is why people love it so much...

1:18 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

thanks for the tip...I'm going to head to People's right now.

1:08 PM  
Blogger KPB said...

Hazelnut filling will always ALWAYS get you, every.single.time.

I am gobsmacked your Target sells G&Bs - only in high-end organic food shops will you find it here, and at around AU$7-8. Outrageous.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Lydia Cheung said...

Hi Jess! (I'm hoping that you're still checking this blog...) Do you know where I can get Kinder Bueno in Portland? I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bueno. I grew up eating it. Even thought it's not a fancy chocolate like Godiva or Moonstruck, it's probably one of the best chocolates you can find on earth! Kinder Bueno can be found everywhere in NYC- and other bigger cities I assume. But I haven't seen it anywhere in Oregon so far. When I went to Vancouver B.C. couple weeks ago, I brought a lot back and I got my bf hooked! We're now running out of supplies, and it would AWESOME if you could tell me if there's anywhere in Portland I can get Kinder Bueno?

11:21 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I haven't bought it in Portland in ages so I'm trying to remember...they might have it at Cost Plus World Market, and I know I saw it years ago at a little market on Hawthorne - it was on a corner, the cross street was in the 20s, and it had a lot of imported foods including chocolate. But I have no idea what the name was or if it's still open...good luck!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home