Thursday, June 08, 2006

stewing in her own juices

Lately I can't seem to handle getting my shit together all at once. I might go to the grocery store and buy most of the ingredients for chili. A couple days later I'll reluctantly throw them into a crockpot and bemoan the fact that I don't have everything I need. I'll leave it in the crockpot until one in the morning. The next day I'll have some for lunch, and the day after that I'll bake some corn muffins to go with it.

I'm sure there is stuff I'm supposed to be getting done right now, but I can't seem to figure out what.

I kind of feel like just baking a LOT. Although I don't know what I'd do with the fruits of my labor.

I want it to be sunny so I can sit in the yard and have slightly existential Virginia Woolf-y thoughts like I did the other day. But it's all overcast.

I woke up in the night with the worst charley horse EVER. I thought I might die, or maybe my leg would burst into a ball of fire and consume me like a phoenix, and in the morning Kate would just find a blackened spot where I used to be.

And now, as a little pick-me-up, here's some random photos from last summer.



Because I do smile, just with my eyes closed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

So you can't have existential thoughts unless the sun is out?

...gotta love that smile...

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home