Friday, March 18, 2005

Driving home

I wrote several blogs in my head on the way home from work. I don't remember any of them.

Actual, real life conversation. Tyka's boyfriend walks in the door. We discuss dinner. I say, "sounds good, but I'm going to church at 6:30 and I won't be back till 8 or so." He says, "okay, we'll save some for you." He calls and orders pad thai (one with chicken, one with "no meat! no egg!" He says, "see you in a few minutes." I say, "I'll be gone when you get back." He says, "where are you going?"

It's been a long day, apparently.

I LOVE Pre-Sancs. I really do. And I'm not being sarcastic and saying I love it when other people step on my hair during prostrations, or when I'm almost kicked in the head by one of the ungainly twins, or when we're served really disgusting, pointy, purple soup at the meal afterwards. I really love them. We only have these services during Lent, two nights a week, and this year I'll be lucky if I make it to 3 of them with my work schedule. The dark, candle-lit church, the special music, the prostrations. I'd better get ready and go.

1 Comments:

Blogger toni said...

i'm just doing a little across the board blog check before bed. and wanted to say i'm glad you're out there. and i'm so happy i get to see you next weekend.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home