Saturday, March 12, 2005

Home again, home again

We're back. I'm still all salty from that sneaker wave, and my scalp is covered in sand. It was incredibly windy. We danced on the sands giddily.

Right now our washer is performing its ecstatic duties. You would think it just loved doing the wash. It's very well suited to its job - we should all hope for such joy. Sometimes it's so excited that it throws itself around the laundry nook and disconnects from the wall. We like to think of it as a reminder to mop the floor.

Speaking of, my standards have been seriously slipping lately. We left the house a mess, thanks to the mad rush to get out of town when I got off work. Just tonight I managed to fold the laundry I did earlier this week. And the counters are clean, and the dishwasher is doing its business. All is well now.

Hopefully tyKa (who reminded me, as we wrote in the sand, that the K is capitalized and not the T (and then we proceeded to come up with crazy apostrophe additions to our names, like ty'Ka and J'ess)) will add some fun and crazy photos from our adventures. I think my nose got burnt. In March, people. In Oregon. I apologize if you're suffering the pangs of jealousy. I can't help it. Your turn will come.

Can we all breathe a collective sigh of relief that comments are working again? Sigh.

I think I'm going to go wash the sand out of my hair. And then, a wild night on the town (ha).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to be at the beach! :( Me and hubby are planning a vacation soon and it will be somewhere warm. My sis just went to oregon for a trip. I've never been (ps. hey you're sidebar is way off. Have you seen your site?)

2:49 AM  
Blogger toni said...

a wild night on the town... hmmm...
i won't say it.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Say what?

It wasn't wild, if that's what you're wondering.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home