Tuesday, March 15, 2005

PS

I didn't really finish that story. Blame it on the headache.

So, I swore I wouldn't own a coffeepot and now I do. But I didn't buy it, I inherited it. And I only make good, strong coffee in it.

The whole reason I was anti-coffee at the time was that for me, coffee equaled parents' bad coffee plus bad diner-style coffee. The kind where they refill it after you've had a few sips and throw off the coffee/cream/sugar ratio. (I never said I don't have a sweet tooth.) So I don't feel like changing my mind about the coffeepot signals a deeper lack of conviction. I will say now, publicly, that I will never purchase a coffeepot that starts itself. You know, so it's ready the second you leap from bed straight into your first cup. I may end up in the same house as one, but I won't be responsible. I much prefer to get up and decide 'today is a coffee day.' And savor it. Or have the option to say 'today is a Constant Earl day' or a 'Gray Comment day.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home