Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Habits

One of the things that make people (as a whole) so interesting are habits.

Doesn't that sound like a dull beginning to a 5 paragraph essay? But seriously - when you stay at someone else's house, you see all that stuff. You set aside some of your habits (if you're a social chameleon, like yours truly) in order to blend in with their life, or you have some things you cling to. I'd imagine that there are people out there, who, no matter where they are, have to have a certain morning routine, or the same thing for breakfast. If you're an eggs and bacon person, and you're offered cereal, or waffles, do you ask for eggs and bacon? Do you insist on getting in your run, or having cream in your coffee?

That's not where I thought I was going with this. I'm more curious. What are your habits? At home, at work?

I'm a creature of habit in a lot of ways. I usually do my morning/evening routine in exactly the same order. I always brush my teeth in the same pattern. But that just stops me from forgetting a step. I'm not that picky about what I eat - if I'm visiting a friend I usually let them make the food choices.

Hmm, boring?

Check out Town's daily photos
Poppy and the long arm of the law
Beege has some powerful writing
Lunasea has some stories that had me in tears, laughing.

Let's talk about names, too, can we please? Two topics in one post? You might get a good laugh here.

Behave yourselves today, kids. Okay?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

And my corresponding habit is to turn the heat down, open a window, and turn off half the lights. The volume, eh, I can live with that.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Beege said...

Hm. I guess that since giving birth to Linnea "What the hell is a habit" Jane (heh) I really don't have the luxury of always doing things the same way. I'm lucky if I get to brush my teeth on the days I stay home with her. She's sort of a "my way or the highway" sort of a girl, and I just bow and say, "Yes, your highness."

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home