Sunday, April 03, 2005

Tidbits

A few observations.

Last night I went over to Kate & Pate's (parents of Q) and also over were Q's godfather, his wife, and their 2 month old son (Macarios - believe it or not). Godfather & wife are one of those couples that really tick some people off (for personalities/events in the past) but I was pleasantly surprised to see how much being a father had relaxed him. It became him well. I've never really talked to him, even though he's my god-whatever and all, but I was holding Q up to see little M and he was being all goofy introducing them and it was pretty fun. When Q was born, he was a little terrified to hold her. It freaked him out a little when I passed her to him. And now he's handling his son like a pro. He also got braces. I bet anything that was his wife's doing, and about time. Good work. It's good to see people growing, you know?

Q was also really excited to discover that I got my ears pierced. We were sitting there, and all of a sudden she pointed and said "whoa!" and I turned to see what she was pointing at. Nope, wait, she's pointing at my ear. It was like she'd just discovered the source of the Nile or something. I was the coolest.

And then today in church she kept shooting me dirty looks. Sorry Q, my pious headscarf is hiding the earrings you so love!

This afternoon I worked at the library. While revising books I overheard a mother and ten year old son working on his homework. "'How many days was the temperature below freezing?'" she read. "What's freezing?" she asked her son. About TEN MINUTES LATER she finally found a worksheet that listed as 32 degrees as freezing. Um, duh? Who doesn't know that?

Today was also Stinky People Day at the library. If you have access to a DVD player, you have access to a shower. Use it. If you're homeless, then okay, I can accept your stinkiness. But if you're checking out DVDs...get a grip!

Tyka is a wee bit tipsy at the moment. She was trying to play footsie while we ate dinner. Um, Tyk, you probably don't want to make Teeth jealous like that. FYI. He doesn't need to know.

She says I haven't been blogging enough lately. Somehow I thought those four posts on Friday would suffice for two days. What do I know?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I understand. Yeah, he got braces! I was noticing his teeth and thinking 'something's different...oh! it's braces instead of bad teeth!' So yeah, props to R for that.

11:27 AM  
Blogger toni said...

i second tyka's complaint. i was said that you weren't posting over the weekend.

however, i can't say tyka posted much herself.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home