Sunday, June 12, 2005

An open letter

To the parishioners of my church:

(Who, to my knowledge, do not know of the existence of this blog, but that's the beauty of a blog, isn't it? That you can write letters to people who will never read them?)

If you think I turned to you and scowled in church this morning, know that it was not you I scowled at.

If you think I winked at you, take not my wink personally.

If you think I waved at you, respond not to the wave.

If you think I wasn't paying enough attention to the service, well, you may have been right.

If you think I laughed at you, well, yes, I laughed at you. But I was also laughing at my baby girl, who thinks it's funny to jump up and down and giggle and say "it's funny!" and who will be Two Years Old tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home