Wednesday, August 31, 2005

It's meme season

1. Number of books I have owned: I'd guess in the hundreds. Shockingly, I've never counted. Probably because I'd feel like I own an insufficient number if I did. Talk about complexes.

2. Last book I bought: I bought three at once - Walk Two Moons, Number the Stars, and The View From Saturday. I think. I might have bought something as a gift since then.

3. Last book I completed: the aforementioned Self Portrait: Trina Schart Hyman. The last full-length book was The Partly Cloudy Patriot by Sarah Vowell.

4. Five (or more) books that mean a lot to me:
(not in order)
1. Pride and Prejudice
2. The Maggie B
3. the dictionary
4. Four Quartets
5. Psalms

5. What are you currently reading?
1. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (Jonathan Safran Foer)
2. Bird by Bird (Anne Lamott)
3. Brat Farrar (Josephine Tey)
4. The Midwife's Apprentice (Karen Cushman)
5. The Common Reader (Virginia Woolf)
6. The New Yorker

6. To which 5 bloggers are you passing this on?

Whoever feels like it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

Good call on Bird by Bird. That's probably the last book I read "for fun" and fun it was.

By the way, love the blog. I've been reading for a while.

1:01 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i think brat farrar is my absolute favorite josephine tey, probably something to do with the incredibly sexy guy who played brat in the BBC miniseries eons ago.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Thanks, Abigail! I read Bird by Bird ages ago and am slowly rereading it now...

There's a miniseries?? Ooh, I'll have to try and find it. It's been so long since I read it that I've forgotten how it ends - I love it when that happens!

I haven't read A Single Shard - my fellow librarians didn't love it so I haven't gotten around to it yet.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

The internets are not coming through with the miniseries, damn them. But now I have a strange urge to watch BBC miniseries of any kind...

12:00 PM  
Blogger Bronwen said...

If you feel like a british miniseries, go with "The Forsyte Saga"! Truly satisfying.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home