Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Middle child

I dreamt that I overheard my mom say, quite casually, that she'd given birth to three boys before she had me. When I confronted her, very upset, she said that she had been very young and given them up for adoption.

I don't know what was stranger about this dream - how painfully upset I was, or the fact that my dream-mother had three accidental pregnancies before the age of 23 (when she met my father).

The other day I was thinking about ways in which it would have been nice to have an older brother. But three? God help me. I'd make a horrible middle child.

2 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

I am a middle, and it's horrible. be glad she gave them up for adoption : )

7:00 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I want exactly the same kind of older sibling, Anne. To grow up as an oldest but learn from someone else's experience.

I agree, Gena - there's a reason us oldests have banded together. I'd say 80% of my friends are oldests.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home