Friday, March 25, 2005

Gmail

Despite various friends singing its praises, I don't have a gmail account yet. Here's why:

1. italics. Is it true that gmail doesn't do italics? Because, really, I can't live without them.
2. I'm happy with my yahoo account. Why be unfaithful if nothing's wrong?
3. (This is the biggest one) I can't think of a good name. An email account should have a name that's easy to remember, isn't embarrassing to give out to people, and is unique. The kind where your college calls you to ask for money and check your contact info, and the person making the call says "cool email address." Because that's where I'm at now, folks.

If someone gives me a good idea, I just might make the switch.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

c'mon, jess, i have 50 invites i'll share with you. :)

i don't know about the italics thing, i've never checked. it is a bit browser-picky, though.

you could be garishandtweed (at) gmail.com. :D

12:10 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I've got the invite - thanks though :)

Yeah, garishandtweed could work, but I don't know if I want that much of a tie to my blog, for emails non-blog peeps.

4:33 PM  
Blogger toni said...

no need. really. no need. don't do it.

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally like Jessmonster. Even if Tyka was kidding, I think you should go for it.

I can NEVER think of good names to use. I'm so boring- all my email addresses and my AIM name are just variations of my given name.

Yawn. But I do like gmail. I have an account that I basically have only used for sending pictures and such because there's so much capacity.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home