Friday, March 04, 2005

Let's get all journaly, yo

Dear diary,
Here's the ever thrilling scoop on my life lately.

Tyka brought me home a marionberry cream cheese bar yesterday. We can't find a recipe for anything like these little slices of heaven. They come in apricot, too. Help us out here. Allrecipes failed me.

I had a playdate yesterday with Q, my god-daughter, and K, her mom. I've known her mom since we were about two. Q is now closer to two than one. Crazy, huh? Some stories from the childhoods of K and I:

1. I once accused K of having "curly toes." Fact: she does. They scrunch up more than mine do, anyway.
2. Jenny (one of the older, "cool" girls (although "cool" was no part of our vocabulary in the cult, circa 1985)) started a club whose members were distinguished by not buttering their bread to the edges. Being the 4 year old rebel that I was, I continued to butter mine to the edges. I believe it was this nonconformity that led K to ask me to be Q's godmother.
3. There was a bump in the road on our way to swimming lessons. We begged to be allowed to unbuckle our seatbelts while we went over it.
4. I got the boxed set of the Chronicles of Narnia for my 7th birthday. K lived up the street and I woke up her family to show off my treasure.
5. We had a code language for a while. I recently discovered a copy of it, with a quarter firmly taped to it. There must have been some mystical significance to that quarter.
6. It was the fashion (along with pig latin) to invert letters in our names. I was known as "Pessalynn" briefly and the "J" was attached to my last name. Since my name is crazy enough already, we stopped after not too long.

Yours,
"Pessalynn"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home