Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Spring

Of course, as soon as I decide it's time to run errands, I think of things to write about.

It's spring, apparently, here in Portland. It's a little freakish, I'll admit, and I'll include a caution to those of you living in snowy/cold climates at the moment: proceed at your own risk. Intense feelings of jealousy/inadequacy may result.

Feeling brave? Good for you. Last night one of my oldest and dearest friends called from the snowy region known as Rhode Island. I could literally hear the snow crunching underfoot as she walked home, and the gloved hand holding her phone was painfully cold. Nevertheless, she persisted. I, on the other hand, had just returned home from a pleasant, although slightly drizzly (this is Portland afterall) walk to the friendliest grocery store in town with a light sweater as my protection against the elements. Earlier in the day I could be found strolling to the mail box with an ice cream bar in hand, short sleeves and all.

The air smells good. The trees are all crazy pink and blooming.

Speaking of pink and blooming, I had the pleasure last night of changing my calendar to March. Normally I hate that moment - time passing and all that - but ever since I first welcoming Nikki McClure into my home I get so freaking excited about the new picture each month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home