Friday, July 29, 2005

Life is a trilogy, life is a trinity

I was about to go run some errands when I noticed I was tagged by Katya.

Three names I go by:
1. Jess
2. Jessmonster
3. Miss J (this recently from a coworker who can't remember my name, just the J. This is a progression from "Kathy's daughter" since my mom used to work there and helped train him when he was new.)

Three screen names I've had:
1. none intersting enough to bear repeating

Three physical things I like about myself:
1. My hair.
2. My eyes - apart from trips to the eye doctor.
3. My feet.

Three physical things I don't like about myself:
1. My hip/waist ratio and how pants rarely fit well.
2. the way it feels like I have an extra set of shoulders (although I like my actual shoulders just fine - it's just the extra set that bugs me)
3. the jungle that grows on my legs

Three parts of my heritage:
1. French-Canadian
2. English
3. Swedish

Three things I am wearing right now:
1. Infamous green-stripey shirt
2. Green pants from Columbia, purchased simultaneously
3. Doc Marten slides from the warehouse sale ("children's" sized and thusly half of adult price)

Three favorite bands/musical artists :
1. John Vanderslice
2. Josh Ritter
3. Ryan Adams

Three favorite songs:
1. Kathleen - Josh Ritter
2. Damn Sam (I Love a Woman that Rains) - Ryan Adams
3. Summer Wasting - Belle and Sebastian

Three things I want in a relationship:
1. laughter - because if you can't laugh with someone, you might as well die
2. understanding - a kindred spirit
3. faith

Two truths and a lie:
1. The first book I remember checking out of the library is a Blaze book.
2. The first book that made me cry was The Last Battle.
3. The first book I lent and never got back was Sense and Sensibility.

Three physical things about the preferred sex that appeal to you:
1. Hands
2. Shoulders
3. Eyes

Three favorite hobbies:
1. Blueberry picking
2. Reading
3. Knitting

Three things I want to do badly right now :
1. Swim in warm, clear salty water where I can see the bottom
2. Go to the coast (note that these are two seperate activities)
3. Swing in the park instead of going to work

Three things that scare me:
1. water where I can't see what's under me
2. large crowds (more in a "what has humanity come to?" sense than a panic sense)
3. friends dying

Three of my everyday essentials:
1. books
2. pen and paper
3. sleep

Three Careers you have considered or are considering :
1. English teacher
2. getting paid to read
3. Librarian

Three places you want to go on vacation:
1. Greece
2. Ireland
3. Israel

Three kids' names you like:
1. Meg
2. Jonas
3. Barsanuphius

Three things you want to do before you die:
1. write a book
2. have weekends
3. parent

Three ways I am stereotypically a boy:
1. I lift heavy stuff at work
2. I don't own makeup
3. I'm out of stereotypes

Three ways I am stereotypically a girl:
1. I wear skirts a lot
2. I bake constantly
3. I love chocolate

Three celeb crushes :
I'll pass. I think I answered this question before and came up with something snide

Three people I am tagging:
You, you and you.

And then almost 12 hours later, I finished it!

3 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

Barsanuphius. Catchy. I'm due in October, can I borrow it? Heck, it's no more or less awful than anything else we've come up with!

Jess, I said this to Gina too, but is it possible we are related? Other than you, no one else seems to understand our (Gina's and mine)dream job of being paid to read. And good stuff too, not the dreck I edited for a vanity publisher.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

bb and jess: everyone thinks we have that dream job of being paid to read because we're librarians -- hah! My dream reading job is NOT to have to read professional journals -- I want to read good books, things I'll enjoy.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Sure, Barsanuphius is all yours! I'd be honored.

I've encountered a few people who's dream job is being paid to read - I think we all ARE related. When you mention your dream job to most people they say things like 'you should be an editor/librarian/reviewer' - and while I love the library gig, I'm NOT getting paid to read. Getting paid to read would involve reading and only reading. Perhaps keeping a list of what you've read. The end.

I don't have a problem with my hips exactly, but more with the way pants that fit my hips DON'T fit my waist. Haha, I come by them honestly. That's great. Thanks Gena and Mrs. L!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home