Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Anything's better than parch isolation

I've got some new words I'm trying to incorporate into my vocabulary. I acquired them from Katy, who heard them from an un-nameable source. Suffice to say that they are fabulous. My new favorite words are fluential (you know, influential and fluid all at the same time) and multifacetless. As in, "George Bush likes to think he's fluential, but he's really just multifacetless." Aren't they great?

I recently heard of a certain member of the clergy (who's got some alliteration going on in his name - I know you're already a fan, Annie) who's a big fan of Rocky Horror Picture Show. As in, he only lets himself watch it every six months. That kind of fan.

And finally, welcome to our apartment, aka the newest hostel in the neighborhood. Some of Teeth's friends are in town for a wedding and are staying on our floor/couch at various times this week. In fact, Katy and I are now outnumbered by the menfolk. It's a strange sensation in your own estrogen-infused apartment. They do things like go out at 11pm while Katy and I head to bed, and walk halfway across town to go to a more happening bar (our neighborhood, apparently, is short on the happening bars), and are very tall. Although the tallness isn't something they do, they just are.

I just finished my lovely snack of a yogurt-strawberry-blueberry-mango sauce-peach smoothie, and now it's lunchtime. Somehow it seemed like there would be more time between lunch and snack. I guess I dawdled this morning, despite my 6:30am arising.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I'm so offended.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home