Saturday, March 05, 2005

Evening out

Currently: skipping vespers, watching Strangers with Candy, and about to go the winery at Edgefield. It's all about the wine in these parts.

While I was at work this afternoon, I missed the treat of hearing our neighbors get in a yelling match. Apparently it was pretty intense and one neighbor threatened to take a baseball bat to the other for - get this - accidentally putting a bike in a garden area. Wow. So much for the quiet yuppie neighborhood. Although the streets outside Grand Central Bakery were swarming with toddlers this morning.

Today was another apple pancake day. Those are happy days in our kitchen.

Top 7 Things I Wish I Could Have Done Today Instead of Working:

1. Gone to the beach.
2. Gone to the gorge.
3. Cleaned the hous (yes, really).
4. Taken a walk.
5. Baked up a storm.
6. Finished the scarf I'm knitting
7. Written letters (Toni, Lis, Bronwen, Sophie, Amanda, Tyler...)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristina said...

"Orlando, you can't be a pilgrim. The pilgrims had snowy white skin to match their pure Christian souls. They didn't sacrifice coconuts to their monkey gods."

8:09 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I can't take credit for Strangers with Candy - that was my roommate's doing. But I was certainly enjoying it.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Beege said...

Heh. Clearly, you live at the pretty end of the Gorge. Up where I grew up, the Gorge would never had made the list of where to go and hang out on a beautiful spring day. No way in hell.

Have I ever told you about the time I committed a felony at the Vista House?

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jess hey! I just found your comment in the feb archive. Wheeeeee!! Here;s my comment: I think before I buy a home in the US I will have to interview every neighbor because you don;t want any problemos.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

No, you haven't mentioned your felony. Do tell.

And check out redcouchfever.blogspot.com for the full story on the neighbors from ian eyewitness.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home