Saturday, April 09, 2005

A trinity

Secret Eating

The slice of bread and butter I slurped down before heading to church, hoping no one would smell the illicit butter on my breath.

Idle Talking

Rachel and Fiona, the four year old girls standing with the choir, whispering to each other and doodling at their music stands.

Frivolous Laughter

Q handing me books in the cry room after the service, chuckling and saying "whoa!" at the sight of Noah's menagerie. "Giraffe! Potomus! Horsie!"

(Although, really, the laughter of a 22-month old is never frivolous, and four year olds never speak idly. I exaggerate for effect, as always, and besides, I'm not the one who came up with those phrases.)

FYI: no earrings yet, but not for lack of trying. A reattempt shall be made tomorrow, and if Tyka's camera is cooperative, photographic evidence shall be forthcoming.

4 Comments:

Blogger toni said...

wow. what happened?

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There just weren't any - you're talking about the earrings, right?

12:45 PM  
Blogger toni said...

what do you mean there weren't any? you own three whole pairs! (yes, of course i was talking about the earrings.)

5:21 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I mean, I didn't purchase any. On Saturday. I bought one pair on Sunday, during the reattempt.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home