Monday, March 07, 2005

Don't drink and drive

Don't even get into your car with a beverage in hand. Even when it has a lid. Especially if you're Jess "Clumsy Hands" Marie.

Today, I craved a milkshake/sweet yummy cold goodness. And even though I have to rush from one job to the other on Mondays, I decided to risk a quick trip to Starbucks (being the only coffee shop at an intersection with a light that I can risk in my rush hour rush).

I should have known it would end badly when I had to wait in line.

I blame the results on one or more of the following things:
a) giving in to a craving
b) putting my timely arrival at risk by making an unnecessary stop
c) patronizing Starbucks

Tyka thinks it must be b) or c) because she gave in to her cravings with no adverse effects.

One minute I'm getting in my car, caramel-y goodness in hand, and the next minute my lap is covered - covered - in aforementioned caramel-y goodness. I frantically scoop as much as possible back into the cup, using the lid. Because we all know that the only thing worse than having frappucino all over your lap is not having any left to console you.

The clock is ticking as I run back into Starbucks, change out of my fun, summery, coffee drenched outfit back into my uniform for job #1, and race home to change.

After all that, I needed two frappacinos. I thought that would be too risky, though, don't you think? I'd better go to Coffee People next time I need a fix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home