Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Where I want to be

Outside, in a little nest of blankets, laying in the grass. It's warm out, but the blankets would be there in case it gets chilly. I'd have a book to read, and a milkshake to drink, and some fruit to eat. Strawberries, and maybe some watermelon. Grapes. And I could just stay there for a while.

Okay, this is as close as I can get on my lunchbreak - an Odwalla smoothie, my book, and the patch of grass outside the back door of our office. What I wouldn't do to realize my dream...

Isn't it crazy how we have to rush around and do all these things and all the time our bodies are saying "No! Put me in a little nest of blankets, surround me with good things, and leave me alone!" But we're supposed to ignore that and just keep on working. Obviously, one shouldn't resort to blanket nests all the time, but there are days when that's what one needs.

6 Comments:

Blogger toni said...

On those days I tend to let myself. Have what I need. And I hope to always have a job that lets me. That's my goal.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Except I can't think of many jobs that let you lie in blankets and drink milkshakes. Unless maybe you work from home, but then you couldn't get anything done.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I keep joking that libraries should be outdoors, except for the fact the books would get ruined... kinda conflicts with my librarian-me. hehe
That milkshake sounds delicious though. :)

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jess, totally off topic but your side bar is way off! BTW I will add you to my blogroll too..

6:28 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Thanks! I have no idea how to fix the sidebar. As long as it's still there I'm not too concerned - I think it shifted down with the long photo. I hope it comes back. Suggestions, anyone?

8:00 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

sidebar shows up fine for me. I had problems with that on my blog when I had pictures, but it was only on certain computers... Might have something to do with screen resolution of the viewing person. ;)

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home