Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Kitchen notes

The juice is taking over our fridge. I think we need to go on a juice diet until it's gone. Anyone want to come over and have juice? May I offer you some V8 (leftover from chili making - to be discussed later), Rio Red Grapefruit, Dixie Peach (two bottles - plenty for everyone!), Dynamo Plus Calcium, or Orange Mango?

Today, inbetween babysitting (Lego pyramids galore! goldfish crackers! closets that become jungle gyms!*) and going to work (at three) I have accomplished the unthinkable: I started dinner. Usually I just scrounge when I come home at 8:30, but today I whipped out my handy mini-crockpot and started some vegetarian chili. If I ever finish this blog entry, I will also make some cornbread. YUM.

Any ideas for a vegan recipe that will use up: half a can of tomatoes, half a red pepper, half an onion, and half a can of V8? This is the problem with a mini. You can't neatly use up all your ingredients.

*Apparently my sister and I aren't the only ones who thought that a closet was the greatest toy ever. If you are ever around bored younguns, introduce them to your closet. Money back guarantee. Ours was the kind with doors that make two V's when opened (V V) and we treated it like an elevator. For example: you spend an hour or so getting dressed up. Wear about 5 skirt simultaneously for the best effect. Try a hat. Dress up your dolls, too. Prepare a ballroom in the family room. Have the classical music cued up. Have tea waiting for later. Enter your elevator. Fight with your siblings for space. Break to calm down. Continue elevator ride. Etc. The hall closet, with a normal door, was also great fun when we took every single thing off the floor, brought in a flashlight or two, and closed the door on ourselves. I wonder how many hours we spent in closets?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi jess!

that's all. just saying hello. your blog is cooler than mine, because mine's not a blog, it's a journal. (that makes you more web-savvy.)

:-)

6:43 PM  
Blogger toni said...

um... you could make some more chili.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

yeah, but I was hoping for variety.

Laura! Hi! I'm so glad you have a journal. And I'm so not web-savvy. More than I used to be, but really. Did I drop the ball on emailing? I'm sorry. Let's be back in touch, shall we?

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home