Monday, April 25, 2005

I don't have anything to say

I would talk about work, except...no. No.

So, books then. The last two I finished were The Egypt Game (except I had the lovely retro gold cover on my library copy) and Pollyanna (again, different cover but worse in this case). Children's books. Yes. Pollyanna: yay or nay? Book, movie, whatever. Vote now.

Right now I'm not watching Sideways. And by not watching, I mean it's playing, with the commentary and captions, and I'm listening. I type haltingly and look up occasionally and eat chocolate chips. Hunched over a laptop. I sure know how to live, don't I? I need to latch onto a book. I'm a little dead inside without an attachment to a book.

Maybe inspiration will strike and I'll be back with something that's, oh, moderately interesting. For now, I leave you to your little imaginations.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I tend to read more YA fiction than adult, just because I'm around it more at work, and hey, it's good! I'm always looking for suggestions. At the moment I have a lot of books I could read, it's just a question of which one...

11:56 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I LOVE the first 3 you mention, but I must admit to not having read the last two. I am rectifying that by putting them on hold at the library.

Oh, a warm garish & tweed thought - I'm so touched! :)

1:50 PM  
Blogger Beege said...

I met Zilpha Keatly Synder at a young writer's convention in Spokane, WA in fifth grade. I have an autographed copy of one of her books somewhere. If mom didn't throw it out.

Jess-did you like "Sideways"? I found it to be a very literary movie...I kept finding layers and stuff in it. Plus, the commentary totally cracks me up.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressesed.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home